Helpful Hints for Couples
Here at Arthur Murray we specialize in teaching couples to dance.
Here at Arthur Murray we specialize in teaching couples to dance. Teaching couples is different from teaching individuals and requires special care.
Teachers are trained to make learning fun and easy, and you can help by remembering the following:
- Let your teacher do the teaching. This means avoid finding fault with each other which can be distracting.
- It’s not how many steps you know; it’s how you execute them. (You always notice good dancers by how they move, not by how many patterns they do.) Learning too many steps too soon results in bad habits and frustration at not executing them properly.
- In teaching couples, we have learned that men typically progress slower because they have more to do and tend to be more analytical or mechanical. Women, on the other hand, feel movement quicker and therefore, THE LADY MUST TRY TO BE PATIENT AND NOT EXPECT TOO MUCH TOO SOON.
- It’s important to keep your lessons close together, and more importantly to use them in close conjunction with group lessons and practice lessons. Ideally, each visit should be scheduled to include more than one activity. This will aid you in making speedy progress and gaining confidence in your dancing in a shorter period of time.
- Communicate with your teacher so that he or she will know what to teach you and the way you like to be taught. The more we know about your dance needs the better we can plan your lessons now and prepare your future program.
- Great teachers and great atmosphere!Matthew H.
- The teachers are very informative, knowledgable and able to work with all levels of ability as well as a wide range of age groups. The studio is clean and very friendly!Jennah K.
- Started dancing in Sept 2013 and I'm just loving it!! The entire staff/instructors at Arthur Murray are just good people with amazing talent! I am so lucky to be part of this studio. A special thanks to SAM for being so patient and always encouraging and believing in me. 🙂Evamarie Petit
- My new husband and I started taking lessons at Arthur Murray a few months before our wedding. We wanted a fun, choreographed dance for our wedding - and we got just that! Our instructor, Andy, helped us learn a routine that fit our style and was perfect for us. Our first dance as a married couple was a hit at the wedding and our guests really loved it. We had a lot of fun with it! Thanks Andy and Arthur Murray Dance Studio! Andrew & Katie KeelKatie S.
- I'm having the best time ever! The instructors are fantastic! Nice, friendly, caring, really helping me become the dancer I've always dreamed of being.Wendy H.
- It is a tiny detail, but when I saw other studios NOT doing so, it became extremely important to me. Our instructors ALWAYS escorted their partner onto and off of the dance floor! Nobody ever stood awkwardly wondering where to go. Love to all, and I can't wait to get back to you!Bobbie N.
- I have always wanted to take lessons, but just never got around to it. I finally decided to take the leap and I have been addicted from the first lesson. The staff are all great people and make everyone feel welcome right at the start. The lessons and dance parties are so much fun, that the time just flies. It's a nice perk too that it's such good exercise. I have told everyone I know that they should give it a try, and even signed up my daughter. The instructors are very knowledgeable and talented, and terrific teachers. I wish I had started doing this years ago. It has been a very positive experience.Julie Collins
- Awesome studio awesome Staff! Great fun and I would highly recommend the studio 🙂A Google User
- Justin was awesome, I'm so thankful I had him as my dance teacher.A Google User
- This place offers it all; dance skills at all levels, social opportunities, great source of exercise as well as being a place to just let all the cares of the week go and have fun!!! Where else can you all that?!! The instructors are well-trained and friendly. Whether for singles or couples its well worth the effort it takes to get out of my chair and go dance!!!A Google User
- If you want to do something positive for yourself, sign up for lessons at Arthur Murray Orlando! I've been taking lessons since last August and it's been wonderful! The instructors are fantastic and everyone is friendly and encouraging.A Google User
- Friendly atmosphere.Giovanni V.
- My wife and I originally went to Arthur Murray Orlando to prepare for our daughter's wedding, 3 years ago. We found a hobby we love because we were treated so well by the staff. We enjoy our private lessons, group lessons, parties and special events. We feel as though walking in the door of the studio was one of the smartest decisions we ever made.A Google User
- I started at Arthur Murray about 4 months ago just to have fun and learn about dancing. I took lessons before but this has been an excellent experience surpassing the classes I took years ago. From the first time I walked in the door it was warm and welcoming. They provide great teaching and everyone has lots of fun. What a great place to happen upon.Alicia Petta
- We were looking for a dance school for a long time since we cruise a lot and had to sit on the side and watched. Finally we found Arthur Murray Dance Studio. It has been one and a half years since we took lessons and we progressed a lot. You feel like family in the studio. The instructors and everybody in the studio are friendly. Yes, it is very very expensive, but if you enjoy it's worth a lot. Gwen and Jonathan.A Google User
- Loved it! Had a wonderful time and can't wait to take it back up!Apryl C.
- I'm just in love with my Waterford lakes studio , and especially with people there, especially instructors!A Google User
- During our 22 years of marriage, we have tossed around the idea of taking dance lessons, but life always seemed to get in the way. This year we decided to make the time and started dancing at Arthur Murray’s for a fun way to spend a date night. This was one of the best decisions we have ever made. From the start, it was more than we had anticipated. The staff was friendly, caring and professional. The instructors made everything not only fun and easy, but they also sincerely built up our confidence as dancers. We were having such a great time, feeling the exhilarating benefits, and learning a great deal very quickly. When we say learning a great deal, we don’t mean just dance steps. It turns out that the “connection” you are learning in ballroom dance translates, in many ways, into a good relationship. Our marriage has never been better! We are spending more time together, having a wonderful experience, developing great dancing skills, and getting more physically fit. It’s a lot of bang for your buck, especially if your relationship ranks high on your priority list. As a fantastic bonus, we have made lots of new wonderful friends as well. At Arthur Murray’s Orlando, you are part of a family.A Google User
- I have been going to Arthur Murray Orlando for more than a year now and let me just say that making the decision to go to arthur murray was one of the best decisions i have ever made. There is so much more than ballroom dancing lessons there. there is a caring and amazing staff, a fun and energetic atmosphere, and amazing events that always provide a fun experience for all. You always leave with smile on your face and nothing beats that feeling! It is also a great confidence booster too.Idean Rezaei
- My wife and I had an amazing experience. Our instructor was lovely and the eviroment was very relaxing.A Google User
- Everyone is extremely helpful and always in a great mood! I love coming to dance!!!Nicole P.
- Wanna have your life transformed? That's what happened when I went to Arthur Murray Dance Studio in Orlando. The question "would you like to dance?" always paralyzed me and after decades of living with that I decided to do something. From my first visit, the entire team at the studio made me feel welcome, encouraged me through my awkward moments, unlocked my sense of timing, taught me a variety of dance steps to cover almost any social situation, and provided an environment which builds confidence as well as long-lasting friendships with other students. Over the course of my lessons I've had the priviledge of seeing the instructors work with other students. Every interaction is unique, tailored to each student's needs, style of learning and interests. The studio is filled with laughter and support. So, who wants to dance? Let's go NOW!
- A place full of Masters!Shaketh S.
- Fantastic instructors and dancers!!! The studio is beautiful with a friendly and fun atmosphereA Google User
- I started taking lessons over a year ago because my hubby & I decided to explore separate hobbies so we would have something else to talk about other than WORK all the time. This so-called hobby quickly became much more than that. I fell in love with dancing & going into the studio is definitely the best part of my week. The instructors are amazing-- fun, helpful, encouraging, etc. Can't say enough good things about them! Give it a try & you won't be sorry. Yes, it is a costly commitment, but you can't put a price on the benefits you'll get.A Google User
- As an Instructor at Arthur Murray Orlando, I am part of one of the greatest teams in the world, and I'm proud of it! How many days a month do you wake up and want to stay in bed? It never happens to me anymore! The FAMILY of students and instructors at Arthur Murray gives me every reason to look forward to EVERY day. The energy at the studio, the learning, the fun atmosphere, the motivation to excel, the increasing self-confidence, and the genuine care from everyone are just some of the features that I look forward to witnessing in my day. You can dance anywhere (even in your own living room), but dancing at Arthur Murray Orlando is a one-of-a-kind experience. Dancing can and will improve the life of anyone who allows it in. Give it a try. It's the best decision I've made. It could be yours.A Google User